Sunday, November 10, 2013

Prompt 41 - Crash

The sun is setting. Perfect light for photography. The grass and trees along the roadway on Cadillac are still without a wind to move them. The road twists and winds. Fall leaves cover that mountainside. My favorite season to photograph. I park my car at an overlook and cross the road. Climbing the lichen covered stones that have sat there for millenia, I spot a perfect shot. Kneeling down I frame my shot and, snap, take it.

I race up a hill and storm the lair of the dragon. He launches into the air and sweeps around behind me. I turn just in time to plant a blow into his neck. Reeling, he breaths a wave of fire at my raised shield. I hack and slice until his lumbering body falls permanently to earth. Running towards him I climb onto his back. He tries to throw me off but to no avail. I land the killing stroke and absorb his essence. One more for the trophy hall I have erected.

A new logo for a new Church mission. I search for inspiration and collect ideas. I sit down and start to craft and shape them in Photoshop. I work and toil rejecting and accepting different ideas. Then I stumble on one that sends my mind racing. Creativity pours in and I assemble them into the finished product. The triumph of a job well done and the satisfaction of knowing you have contributed to a worthy cause are my payment. It is worth it.

My computer runs slower than it ever has before. I run anti virus. Nothing. I uninstall programs. Nothing. Suddenly I get an error message in blazing red, flashing onto my screen. It is a hard drive error. Then, nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, New Man, I hate to confess to being lost and confused; I never want to be in the dark, especially in my own virtual classroom...but you're going to have to explain these four to me and their links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first three are things that encompass all that I had on my hard drive. Photos, games, and graphic designs. I used my recent woes as a little fuel. Seemed to fit with the prompt. In hindsight I can see why it would be a little ambiguous for someone in the dark.

    ReplyDelete